When you’re out on the water, there are plenty of different tools that you might need to reel in the catch of the day like fishing lures. To help save space, money, and time, it’s worth looking into combo tools that will help you out! For instance, the best baitcaster combo will ensure that you have everything you need to make the most of your next fishing trip.
Our Top Pick:
- Best Baitcaster Combo Product
- 1. Abu Garcia Baitcasting Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
- 2. KastKing Crixus Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
- 3. Lews Fishing Laser MG Speed Spool Series
- 4. Ugly Stik Elite Baitcast Combo
- 5. Sougayilang Baitcasting Fishing Rod with Reel Combo
- 6. Abu Garcia Silver Max Combo
- 7. Shakespeare Agility Baitcast Rod and Reel Combo
- 8. Sougayilang Speed Bass Fishing Rods Baitcasting Rod and Reel
- 9. Berkley Big Game Baitcast Combo
- 10. Shakespeare Alpha Fishing Rod and Baitcast Reel Combo
- Specification Table
- Best Baitcaster Combo Buying Guide
- Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Best Baitcaster Combo Product List
1. Abu Garcia Baitcasting Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
The Abu Garcia Baitcasting Fishing Rod and Reel Combo has a 6’6” rod and the model can either be purchased in a one or two-piece form. The rod itself is crafted out of graphite which helps it last through almost anything while still staying lightweight and easy to manage, even for beginners. It also features a set of four stainless steel ball bearings alongside an additional roller bearing to help ensure that you experience a smooth cast and an equally smooth retrieval.
The baitcaster combo also has increased sensitivity. This helps you notice the minute you have a bite on your line. This gives you a better chance to reel in your catch before it gets away!
It has a Power Disk system as well. This is included to ensure that you have a smooth drag throughout the full range. The full system is made to be durable and to last you through plenty of trips out on the water although some customers did note that over-straining the rod can lead to damage if you aren’t careful but proper use goes a long way in maintaining its integrity.
- Suits beginner and experienced fishers well
- Features a MagTrax brake system
- Smooth drag
- Durable stainless steel guides and brass gear
- Eye inserts tend to fall out
- Rod is slightly fragile
2. KastKing Crixus Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
The KastKing Crixus Fishing rod and Reel Combo is a 6-foot two-piece rod. This makes it easier to transport and store the rod when it isn’t in use. However, thanks to the power transition system in the rod, the baitcaster combo performs just as you would expect a single-piece baitcaster combo to as you use it.
The baitcaster combo is made out of components constructed from stainless steel, aluminum, and carbon-infused parts. This makes it a durable choice as well as a lightweight one. In addition, the grip is made with a super polymer handle – like a golf club. This helps you keep a tight grip even if the handle of your rod is wet.
This baitcaster combo is also made to cater to whatever type of fishing you might be interested in. Whether you’re going out on the water hoping to snag bass, trout, walleye, catfish, or panfish, you’ll have no problem reeling in the catch of the day. Freshwater fishing is the specialty in mind for this tool, though.
- Stainless steel, aluminum, and carbon-infused components add to the durability
- Super polymer handles add to the comfort
- Two-piece construction for easy storage and transportation
- Stainless steel guides for reliable casting
- Some screws may need to be tightened
3. Lews Fishing Laser MG Speed Spool Series
The Lews Fishing Laser MG Speed Spool Series Reel is actually a baitcaster combo, despite the model name only referencing a reel. The rod is made out of graphite composite and the reel is made with anodized aluminum. Both of these are strong materials that will last through a lot without adding too much weight to the frame.
Both the rod and reel have oversized EVA grips as well which help you effectively and comfortably handle reeling in your catch and casting out your line. There are also a few features that help beginners who are learning how to properly use a baitcaster combo such as the Zero-Reverse feature. A stainless steel double-shielded bearing system also helps to ensure that when you cast a line, it’s cast smoothly and less likely to tangle or cause a problem.
- Anodized aluminum spool is lightweight and long-lasting
- Oversized EVA grip is easy to grasp and comfortable even during strenuous reeling
- Graphite composite frame is durable and sensitive
- Features Zero-Reverse stainless steel clutch bearing
- Reel tends to locks up from time to time
4. Ugly Stik Elite Baitcast Combo
The Ugly Stik Elite Baitcast Combo is made to last you a long time from the moment you first use it. This is largely thanks to the construction of the model. It uses stainless steel guides, aluminum, cork, and graphite-infused material to promise a tough and long-lasting rod that will carry you through many future fishing trips. This specific model is even advertised as having 35% more graphite than previous models in the Ugly Stik line. This helps the rod stay as strong as possible while cutting down on the overall weight of the baitcaster combo.
The cork component of the rod is actually the grip on the handle. This provides you with a spot that isn’t only comfortable but easy to grip, even when you’re reeling in a fairly big fish that takes a little more of a fight.
The tip of the rod is clear and made to be reactive and flexible. This way, you’ll be able to tell immediately when you have a bite, shortening your reaction time and increasing your likelihood of making a successful catch.
- Tough and durable
- Double-padded handle helps you keep a firm and comfortable grip
- Sensitive tip reacts as soon as you have a bite
- Medium-heavy power well-suited to intermediate and experienced baitcasters
- Slightly heavy
5. Sougayilang Baitcasting Fishing Rod with Reel Combo
The Sougayilang Baitcasting Fishing Rod with Reel Combo is quite a deal because it comes with a full kit aside from the baitcaster combo itself. This kit includes a myriad of accessories and tools including baitcaster fishing line, fishing lures, hooks, and other accessories which makes this a great choice for beginner fishers who are still trying to gather their setup. The kit is also rather compact for all that’s included, making it easy to stow away when you aren’t using it or take it with you when you travel.
The combo is also lightweight which makes it easy to operate and won’t tire you out. This is helped along by the EVA Fore Grip on the handle as well. It also features sturdy components such as stainless steel reel seats and a fiberglass rod body to ensure that you have a durable piece of equipment that you can rely on.
The system also features an anti-seawater corrosion coating. This means that you won’t have to worry about damaging your equipment if you step out of the freshwater territory for some saltwater fishing adventures.
- Available in left-handed and right-handed versions
- Compact design is easy to transport and store when you’re not using it
- Made to be lightweight and easy to handle
- Made to suit beginner skill levels as well as more experienced fishers
- Kit includes baitcaster combo, fishing line, lures, hooks, and additional accessories
- Included fishing line is fairly weak
6. Abu Garcia Silver Max Combo
The Abu Garcia Silver Max Combo is a 7’ rod with medium-heavy action. It’s well-suited to all skill levels and many users completely new to baitcasting reported that it was easy to learn the ropes on this model.
Part of this is thanks to the convenient features that this baitcaster combo showcases. This includes features such as the Power Disk system which is in place to help you achieve a smooth drag and a Rocket Clutch feature that allows you to operate the baitcaster combo with one hand.
The rod is made with 24-ton graphite composite material. This makes sure that it’s durable without sacrificing how lightweight the model is. Graphite is also a fairly sensitive material, so you’ll be able to quickly and immediately gauge if you have a bite on the line.
- Well-suited to beginner baitcaster combo users
- Power Disk system made to help ensure a smooth drag
- Rocket Clutch design permits one-handed operation
- Graphite construction is lightweight, sensitive, and durable
- Spool tension is sensitive
7. Shakespeare Agility Baitcast Rod and Reel Combo
The Shakespeare Agility Baitcast Rod and Reel Combo is a piece of equipment made to meet the needs of both those fishers brand new to baitcasting and those who have been doing it for years. It’s a choice that will last through many fishing trips without much hassle on your end – there aren’t many complaints about premature damage or breaking.
The rod is made up of a graphite composite construction which comes with a few advantages. For one, it’s lightweight while still remaining incredibly durable and strong. On top of that, this makes the rod very sensitive. If you have even the slightest nip below the water, you’ll be able to tell from the movement of the baitcaster combo and have the chance to react immediately.
You can also depend on the Hybrid Tech Grips to give you a convenient and comfortable place to get a good grasp when you’re ready to cast or reel a catch in.
- Graphite composite construction is both durable and lightweight
- Features anti-reverse bearings
- Hybrid Tech Grips offers a comfortable and secure grasp
- Sensitive rod shows evidence of any activity on the line
- The reel may need oiling before first use to expand cast distance
8. Sougayilang Speed Bass Fishing Rods Baitcasting Rod and Reel
The Sougayilang Speed Bass Fishing Rods Baitcasting Rod and Reel is made for comfortable use just as much as it’s made to be effective. For one, it’s incredibly lightweight which helps with storage and transport just as much as ease of use. The rod also has a golf material grip and lever arm handle to ensure a comfortable grip no matter if the handle is wet or you’re in the middle of fighting in a big catch.
The baitcaster combo as a whole is made up of a variety of high-quality materials. This includes an aluminum spool, brass bearings, a stainless steel shaft, and carbon fiber components each hold their own advantages including incredible durability. This isn’t a baitcaster combo that you’ll have to worry about replacing anytime soon.
This is another model that comes in both right-handed and left-handed versions of the same model. That makes this a rather inclusive choice that anyone can take advantage of.
- High-glass, low-filler carbon fiber construction is durable and lightweight
- Protected from shock, moisture, and chemical corrosion
- Lightweight and portable design is easy to transport and store
- Golf material grip and lever arm handle makes for comfortable use
- The included case isn’t very sturdy
9. Berkley Big Game Baitcast Combo
The 6’6” model of the Berkley Big Game Baitcast Combo is a medium action option that’s well-suited to use by all skill levels. It’s also made to be perfect for saltwater fishing trips rather than catering specifically to freshwater use.
The model also offers a smooth cast. This is partially thanks to construction including a roller bearing and 6 ball bearings. That way, when you cast your line and when you retrieve it, you don’t have to worry as much about it catching or tangling. The slow oscillation the baitcaster combo offers also helps with even lay lines.
It’s also made up of incredibly durable parts including a variety of strong materials and a reliable Everlast ball system. The body is graphite which is beneficial for its strength and the fact that it maintains its low weight measurement. It also features an aluminum spool that’s strong but doesn’t add a lot to the weight of the unit as a whole.
- Graphite body and the rotor is lightweight and durable
- Aluminum spool is resistant to rust, lightweight, and strong
- Slow oscillation design helps to provide even line lay
- Smooth casting thanks to a set of 6 ball bearings and 1 roller bearing
- Better suited as a saltwater baitcasting combo than a freshwater one
10. Shakespeare Alpha Fishing Rod and Baitcast Reel Combo
If you’re new to baitcasting and you’re looking for a baitcaster combo to help you get started, the Shakespeare Alpha Fishing Rod and Baitcast Reel Combo comes highly recommended. Not only is it easy to use, but it sets you up well if you’re still gathering gear since it comes pre-spooled for your convenience. The pre-spooled line is 8 pounds.
The baitcaster combo is made with a blend of graphite and glass blank construction. This is an option that’s both durable and lightweight, so you won’t have to sacrifice the ability to easily use, transport, and store a lightweight rod for strength and a long lifespan.
It’s also made to be comfortable to hold no matter if you’re just setting up, actively reeling in a catch, or even if the handle has gotten damp. It uses an EVA grip that’s easy and comfortable to grasp onto and keep a hold on when you need to most.
- Graphite and glass blank construction offers durability and responsiveness
- EVA grip is comfortable and easy to keep a firm grasp on
- Comes pre-spooled featuring an8-lb. fishing line
- Smooth casting and retrieval thanks to anti-reverse ball bearings
- Well-suited to beginner baitcaster users
- The grip area is slightly small
If you want a quick glance at the products we’ve just looked at, you can glance at the table below. This gives you a breakdown of essential information such as the rod size, gear ratio, and weight. Make sure to check out the above section for more in-depth reviews.
Best Baitcaster Combo Buying Guide
When you’re trying to find the best baitcaster combo for you, the first step is to know exactly what you’re looking for. Just like any other piece of equipment you might buy, different baitcaster combos have different features, quality levels, and specific purposes. When you’re considering which model is right for you, keep these considerations in mind.
When you choose a baitcaster comborod, the length of the rod matters. If you’re looking for a baitcaster for beginners, it’s a better idea to opt for a shorter rod. These are easier to control and are easier to cast accurately even if you aren’t highly skilled just yet. If you are at a higher skill level with more expert control, you can take advantage of a longer rod which comes with the benefit of a longer casting distance.
What a baitcasting rod is made out of heavily effects how it performs. Specifically, you’ll want to pay attention to the frame material of the baitcaster combo. The most common materials are composite materials such as graphite and aluminum. Each option has different properties. For example, aluminum is characterized by features such as its resistance to rust and graphite is often praised for being durable but lightweight.
Action and power are features that you can choose based on your preferences once you know what those are. However, if you’re newer to fishing and you aren’t sure what the best baitcaster combos are for you, it’s a good idea to start with a medium-fast action or medium-power is a good place to start.
Gear ratio is measured in the form of X: Y. For example, you might see a gear ratio of 4.1:1 or 6.5:1. The first number represents how many times the spool reel rotates while the second number is how many times you rotate the handle. So, if you’re looking at a good baitcaster combo and the ratio is 6.5:1, that means for every single time you turn the handle, the spool reel will rotate six and a half times.
It’s also worth noting that while high-end models with plenty of features such as magnetic braking, that doesn’t mean that every worthwhile baitcaster has to cost you a fortune. There are plenty of good baitcaster combos under $150 and even baitcaster combos under $100 that will get the job done without a problem – especially for beginners and casual fishers. Finding baitcasting reels on a budget doesn’t have to mean skipping out on quality.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
What Is a Good Baitcaster Rod and Reel Combo?
When you’re considering what constitutes a “good” when it comes to anything from budget baitcasting reels to higher-value ones, you’ll want to keep your eyes open to the factors we looked at in the buying guide section. This means paying attention to specific features such as the material the baitcaster combo is made out of, the length of the rod, the gear ratio, and action.
Related: check our article about best baitcasting reels!
Why Is Baitcaster Better Than Spinning?
Baitcast reels have an advantage over spinning because they can handle a heavier line. This is part of the reason that tools like a bass baitcaster are so popular. This allows fishers to cast further and have an easier time reeling in bigger fish. Another reason is due to the fact that baitcasters have a much firmer rod than a choice such as an ultralight spinning rod combo. This means that they don’t bend or give as much when you’re reeling in your next big catch.